The Abide team does a group devotional focused on Abide's weekly theme. We read verses, listen to meditations, and reflect on how God is speaking to us. We're publishing these devotionals so you can use them as a resource for a Bible study or in your own quiet time. Enjoy!
TOPIC: Proactive Purpose
“Spiritual maturity is not reached by the passing of the years, but by obedience to the will of God. Some people mature into an understanding of God’s will more quickly than others because they obey more readily; they more readily sacrifice the life of nature to the will of God.” - Oswald Chambers
Read and listen for declarative words of intentionality.
If you're in a group, take turns reading the week's Bible verses. Read the scriptures here
As time permits, listen to the meditations. Everybody can listen to a separate meditation or you can listen collectively as a group. The meditations for the different days are linked below, and the shortest version is 2 minutes long.
- Listen Well - James 1:19
- Ask Well - John 15:7
- Speak Well - Luke 6:45
- Who Do You Think You Are? - Galatians 3:26
- Who Does God Think You Are? - Isaiah 49:16
- Decide Who You Belong With - Hebrews 13:1
- Handling the Lost - Luke 19:10
- With the theme of “Maturity” for our upcoming retreat. What are proactive indicators of spiritual maturity within these passages?
Share your answers in the comments below.