The Abide team does a group devotional focused on Abide's weekly theme. We read verses, listen to meditations, and reflect on how God is speaking to us. We're publishing these devotionals so you can use them as a resource for a Bible study or in your own quiet time. Enjoy!
TOPIC: Belonging In God’s Family
“Spiritual friendship is eagerly helping one another know, serve, love, and resemble God in deeper and deeper ways.” - Tim Keller, The Meaning of Marriage
“On Ephesians 5, the ‘as’ here is a note of similitude, not of equality; for it cannot be thought that the saints should love God, or Christ, or one another, with a love equal to Christ's love to them, but only that theirs should bear some likeness to his.” - John Gill
Read and listen for examples on how to be followers of God, imitators of God. Resembling him.
If you're in a group, take turns reading the week's Bible verses. Read the scriptures here
As time permits, listen to the meditations. Everybody can listen to a separate meditation or you can listen collectively as a group. The meditations for the different days are linked below, and the shortest version is 2 minutes long.
- Our Great Challenge - Ephesians 5:2
- The Power of Joy - Hebrews 12:2
- The Power of Peace - John 14:27
- The Power of Love - Romans 12:21
- The Power of Contentment - Philippians 4:11-12
- The Power of Forgiveness - Luke 7:47
- Being Helpful - 1 Corinthians 6:12
- Write down three attributes of God that you cling to most dearly?
Share your answers in the comments below.