iOS Software Engineer
Full time, permanent. Menlo Park, California location
Work for a big purpose
Is software development your greatest gift and passion? Do you write excellent code but question if the products you’re building have a positive impact… or any impact at all? Are you looking for an opportunity to offer your first fruits, your technical talent, to God?
Consider joining our team as an iOS software engineer for Abide.
Abide is the leading app for Biblical meditation, and in the top ten for all meditation apps on the App Store. We’ve guided millions of people around the world in Biblical truth and personal reflection. We hear life-changing stories every day.
Whether you are an exacting mobile app developer or deep into cloud infrastructure and services, you will find no better place to give your best. Let’s build technology to support healthy living according to the Bible.
Great work environment
We are a startup in Silicon Valley, and will rely on your contribution to other areas as well, such as team culture, product requirements, data science and analytics, UX design and research, tools, and automation.
Located in Menlo Park, CA, next to the Caltrain station. Simple lunch (mostly whipped up by our CEO), work remotely on Fridays, join our optional weekly devotional, and discover other healthy/fun activities.
Compensation is a combination of cash, equity, and benefits, which include unlimited vacation, health care, subsidized commute by public transportation, home Internet service, etc.
We encourage trying new technologies and coding practices. For instance, we code review all our GitHub pull requests, use Swift for iOS, Go for our API services, Kotlin for Android, React/Redux for internal web apps, and run automated tests on continuous builds from master.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of experience in mobile app or web services development
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including software development experience, or 1 year of relevant work experience with an advanced degree in a technical field
- Knowledge of mobile development for iOS, or other platforms
- Knowledge of REST services built with Go, MongoDB, Kubernetes
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot issues across a wide variety of systems, familiar and unfamiliar
- Passion and discipline for best practices
- Previous startup experience
- Willing to learn and do things that are new to you, such as a new programming language
- Experience with one or more of the following: content discovery, UI animation, interaction design, text understanding, recommendation systems, or similar
- Be involved in product and design, such as challenging and reviewing hypotheses, requirements, and design specs
- As a mobile tech lead, own technical design, development, testing, and release of Abide for iOS
- Help with API service availability, stability, performance, deployment, and feature development
- Hold technical design reviews and provide critique
- Understand product goals, help refine requirements, and iterate on design implementation
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Research, propose, and implement use of various platforms, services, libraries, and technologies
Varies depending on experienceApply to job
Our headquarters is located at 530 Oak Grove Ave #204, Menlo Park, 94025.
Posted on Feb. 7, 2018