Software Engineer, Android
Are you a software engineer excited about working with an industry leading tech company and helping people find spiritual meaning? Take a look at the Software Engineer, Android position for Abide, the leading Christian digital meditation platform reaching over 2 million people since 2015. Abide is part of Carpenters Code, a team from Google, eBay, Tesla, and other firms that builds beautiful apps to connect users with Christ and community.
Your role includes ensuring that our apps are fast, stable, and shipped early and often. It requires the technical flexibility, aptitude, and willingness to zoom in to fine-grained detail, and zoom back out to understand or challenge the problem at hand. This position is ideal for an analytical and creative problem solver, with a strong software development background, interested in joining in fellowship with Christian technologists.
We are a startup, and we expect a strong contribution in other areas, such as team culture, product requirements, data science and analytics, UX design and research, tools, and automation.
We encourage trying new technologies and coding practices. For instance, we code review all our GitHub pull requests, use Go and Node for our servers, Swift on iOS, React/Redux for web apps, and run server unit tests on our continuous builds from master.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Solid foundation in data structures, run-time analysis, operating systems, networking, and databases
- A passion for helping others grow in their spiritual life
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and coding abilities
- Be involved in product and design, such as challenging and reviewing hypotheses, requirements, and design specs
- Technical leadership and experience in mobile software and web services
- Knowledge of Android, Java, API design and implementation
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot issues across a wide variety of systems, familiar and unfamiliar
- Passion and discipline for best practices
- Previous startup experience
- Willing to learn and do things that are new to you, such as a new programming language, platform, or framework
- As Android tech lead, own technical design, development, testing, and release of Abide
- Hold technical design reviews and provide critique
- Understand product goals, help refine requirements, and iterate on design implementation
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Research, propose, and implement use of various platforms, services, libraries, and technologies
Cash and equity in seed stage startup based on experience.Apply to job
Posted on Jan. 23, 2017